Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Foreshadowing

*creepy music* *pant, pant* "No! No! Please NO!!! AGH!!!" *bang! bang!*......
"Whew, glad that's over!" said Jenny
"Ya, that was the best episode yet!" I said
"Well, I'll see you later, I have to go home to the kids." Jenny drawled in her country accent.
"Ya I should turn in too. Night!" I said cheerily.
"Bye!" said Jenny, also content.
I hear the door open and then click shut. I go to my room and slip into my silk pajamas, thinking about the new episode of my favorite murder show. I hear Jenny's car start up just like every other Wednesday night, but she doesn't drive away quickly tonight. I think that maybe she forgot something. So, I walk briskly back to the living room, the silk brushing gently against my skin. I get to the living room and stop. I quickly grab the remote and push the power button to turn it off for the night. Suddenly, I hear Jenny's scream! I run to the door and fling it open. I hear her scream again, this time calling for me!
"Linsey! Linsey, help me!"
She screams once more and I see some one on the grass with a knife to her throat. He slashes the knife and she screams, which is quickly cut off by a gross wet gurgling sound. Her scream is silenced by torents of blood gushing from her neck. The man jumps into her car and races away, his tires screeching as I run to the body of my best friend.

4 comments: